The 2023 Florida legislative session begins on March 7, 2023. Before it begins, we have joined 15 other organizations to call on House Speaker Renner and Senate President Passidomo to create a Joint Select Committee on the Climate Crisis. This new committee would help lawmakers transparently do the following:
- Address the climate crisis through analysis that will benefit our economy, infrastructure, health, environment, and the lives of all Floridians.
- Expand sustainable transportation infrastructure.
- Transition to solar and other clean, renewable energy sources.
- Lower electricity bills across Florida through distributed solar and battery backup storage.
- Increase our emergency management and resiliency plans and more.
We’ve sent a letter to the Senate President and Speaker of the House in the Florida Legislature asking them to make this happen. You can read the full letter here. Now, we need your help to make sure they see it. Sign this letter today by filling out this form. We’ll send a copy of the letter to the legislative leadership with your name on it.
Take action now: Tell our legislative leaders to act on climate change and its leading causes by creating a Joint Select Committee on the Climate Crisis by the start of the 2023 legislative session.